Scott Squires has a long and extensive resume in the entertainment industry. In his career he has accumulated 3 Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Science for visual effects nominations for his work on The Mask, Dragonheart, and Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace. He also won the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences Scientific and Engineering award for pioneering work in film input scanning. For his work on Dragonheart, Squires also won the Ars Electronica Golden Nica Award and Hollywood Film Festival Digital Award.
Squires also worked for 20 years at ILM as a VFX Supervisor, Chief Technical Director, Commercial and Ride Film Director. Many of Scott's notable accomplishments are:
- Ars Electronica Golden Nica Award and Hollywood Film Festival Digital Award for Dragonheart.
- Imagina Best Special Effects Award and 3d Animation Award for The Mask.
- Reconstructed systems for Legend 3D to provide a more productive feature workflow.
- Created Commotion Software.
- BAFTA and Monitor Awards for Commercials visual effects.
- Co-founded Puffin’s Designs for distribution of Commotion and other visual effects products creations.
- Co-founded Dream Quest Images and served as President and Supervisor for 6 years.
- Designs iPad and iPhone applications.
- Co-edited and contributed to The VES Handbook of Visual Effects.
- Speaking engagements and lectures include the Milken Institute Global Summit - 2012, SIGGRAPH, Gnomon School of Visual Effects, USC Film School, Chapman University, Visual Effects Society.
- Created and maintains Effects Corner Blog and Podcast.